Automate knowledge base articles from JIRA Service Management

Melle van Keulen July 6, 2021

What are the possibilities in automating the creation of knowledgebase articles upon resolving an issue? 

Instead of manually creating/typing articles, we would like to use the available information within the ticket to automate and speed up the process of creating a knowledge base article after resolving the issue.

I read this, but I'm not sure to what extent this is applicable to our situation and if in the mean time alternative possibilities have arisen.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

I think that would be pretty tricky. And I certainly don’t know of any current solution that exists. You could consider using automation for the issue transitions to resolved. However, what would your conditions be? Would you want to create a knowledge base for every resolved ticket? I wouldn’t think so. Maybe consider a manual automation that an agent could execute for a specific issue once resolved.

I haven’t looked at whether the built in automation would accommodate this idea or not,

Melle van Keulen July 6, 2021

Indeed, this would not apply to every issue, rather to the more frequently recurring issues. 

So as far as I understand there is no possibility to automatically fill in/generate the text used in a ticket into a knowledge base article. This must be overwritten or copy/paste.

Suggest an answer