AutoTransitionListener from Tool Kit not working

kris December 24, 2013

Test 1 (which DOES work):

Created a test project using the Jira default workflow. Created a ticket, closed it, replied to the notification through email & it was reopened. Created the listener as follows:

• Action ID 3
  • Action that triggered the IssueUpdated event Commented
  • Event ID 6
  • Project Key KT
  • Status 6

Then there's the actual project with custom workflow with listener that DOESN'T work. 61 is the reopen transition in the workflow. Status 4 is closed. There are no validators and the only condition on the transition is jira-users, which I am a member of. It's a new, not yet used project, so the only permission set is for the developers role and I am in that role.

I cannot get the closed ticket to reopen when I send an email, if I comment directly in Jira, if I fill in all the other options in the listener with false. I even tried changing the action & status IDs in the listener to the defaults, just to see.

• Action ID 61
  • Event ID 6
  • Project Key COD
  • Status 4

Finally, I copied the Jira default workflow and changed it around to better fit what I needed, but keeping the IDs at the defaults. Now this listener DOES work.

• Action ID 3
  • Event ID 6
  • Project Key COD
  • Status 6

So I'm feeling like the autotransition doesn't work unless the IDs are kept at the defaults in the workflow. Annoying, but generally do-able. We are on Jira 5.2.4.

Any comments about this?

1 answer

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2013

Strange, did you have multiple custom workflows bind with different issue types as it need the specified transition id from the workflow used? You also need to ensure the transition ID/ Action ID belongs to the Closed status to ensure the ID can be located by the listener when in Closed status.

Suggest an answer