Auto transitioning

Pieter Jacobs January 8, 2015

Hi guys,

I've been working through the documentation and a couple of other websites and blogs to try and figure out how to apply auto transitioning - but with no luck.

We are running JIRA v6.3.5a.

Let me explain what we need:  

We manually change the status of a JIRA issue to "Awaiting Response" as soon as we ask the user for something.  Now, we want to set up an "Auto Transitioning" event (or something) that will change the status of the issue to "Open" (or actually another custom status) as soon as the user reply on the issue.  How can we do this?

Regards,

Pieter

3 answers

0 votes
Sonesh Jane July 31, 2015

Hi Pedro, I don't have the exact same situation, but similar lines

Whenever an issue is created it has a "Draft" status. the next status it transitions into is "Waiting for approval" and then "approved"

I want the issue to automatically transition from "Draft" to "Approved" if a certain field has a specified value. In this case, the field is Type and value is "Standard".

So if the issue is of the type "Standard" then it should go from "Draft" to "Approved" else it should follow its natural route.

Sonesh Jane July 31, 2015

@Pedro Cora [Atlassian] @Jobin Kuruvilla [Go2Group]

0 votes
Pieter Jacobs January 9, 2015

Hi Pedro,

Thank you very much for the help.  I came right with Script Runner but picked up a weird permission issue, so I will now try out what you've suggested.

Thanks again,

Pieter

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2015

Hi Craig,

You can use the JIRA Automation Plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin) to achieve that. On the Add-On, you can configure actions based on events, such as Issue Commented, Issue Edited that will do the transition for you.

wink

-- Pedro

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

with the plugin, do you know if you can have it auto transition based on a date? So if I have a target date of 9/1 on the issue for it to go from open to in progress, can I make it move automatically as of 9/1?

Suggest an answer