It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Auto sync Jira's user to Jira's group

Son Duong I'm New Here Sep 08, 2019

Hi Team,

I synchronized automate user from GSuite to Jira but I want to automate add all user synchronized from GSuite to Jira into group on Jira.

Is this possible ?????

Thanks team !

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Son Duong,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that you would like to automatically add the users synced from G-Suite in some JIRA groups once they are created.

My question is: Are you needing to add those groups only for the users added through the G-Suite integration or to any users added in your JIRA site, independently of the method?

I'm not aware of a way to add JIRA groups only for users added through G-Suite, however, you can follow the steps below to add groups for all users added to your JIRA Site:

- Click on the cog icon at the left-bottom corner of your application > User Management

- Under Product Access, you can select which application newly added users will be able to access and also what are the default groups they will be added to:

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 11.38.46.png

You can check the documentation below for more information about this:

Specify how users get site access

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you