It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Auto scaling in JIRA data center

Does JIRA data center includes auto scaling feature? Based on load does it automatically adds nodes?

or do we need to use AWS or other hosting applications for auto scaling?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf Community Leader Feb 27, 2019

Hi @G Krithica 

JIRA Data center do not include auto scaling feature.

JIRA DC on AWS will help on scheduling for an additional node.

But it takes some time to bring up the node and doesnt really work like auto-scale based on load.  But when you know when a country's user base is going to login and add more load, you can schedule the node generation accordingly.

Hi,

I have configured autoscaling for Jira and Confluence. But when actual scale happens, Either Service is not starting by its own for Jira and for Confluence its asking us to do the setup everytime.

How do you setup Install and Home directory, Since we are using EFS? EFS has Attachments, Logos, avatars. Am I missing something here?

Please advise.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Calling all Jira Cloud users! Give us feedback on our exploration of a new navigation.

Hi everyone! My name’s Matt and I’m a product manager at Atlassian. I work in the navigation & findability space for all our Jira Cloud products. We’ve been working on trying to improve the exp...

1,245 views 20 13
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you