Auto-populate name/email in jira issue collector

Sean M December 11, 2018

Users of my application already have to login, so the application knows the user's name and email address. How do I auto-populate the name and email fields using values from my application that are displayed in the embedded jira issue collector?

2 answers

0 votes
Ojase January 29, 2019

@Sean M

Were you able to crack this? I have a similar use case. Please help

Sean M January 29, 2019

Nope. As far as I can tell, no easy way to do this.

0 votes
Pavan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2018

@Sean M While creating the issue collector the screen associated with the issue collector we can customize it, Check the project and issue types and associated screens with that. do changes to the screen then you can customize the web form. for you question create a custom fields and to screen.

Thanks 

Sean M December 11, 2018

Well, I was really looking for a way to set the name/email field that is built into the JIRA issue collector? I'd rather not create custom fields for name/email when those fields already exist...

dave symonds January 26, 2022

Its crock of Sh** you cant dont bother wasting your time any more

Like damian.hyde likes this
ICANSEEYOU7867 July 28, 2022

I was posting this collector onto a confluence page that uses the same authentication system.  So I know the usernames/emails are the same.  So you can get all of this info (And more!) with a little bit of extra javascript.

I tried to paste javascript code here, but this form wont let me...

https://pastebin.com/xZEJPTgM

At least with confluence, I can pull my username info using the confluence currentuser API.

I can also pull information about the confluence page from the meta content values (Such as key name, dispName, etc...) and I can use this info to automatically populate my fields.  In this case, I want to make sure I have a link, space key and article name in my collector so that we can know which confluence issue needs more info or some TLC.

As long as you can pull the username/email with javascript, this method should be doable automagically.  So theoretically this example would look like:

image.png

Like # people like this
Jörn Bungartz June 20, 2023

The solution in the pastebin by ICANSEEYOU7867 works like a charm for me - thank you!

Suggest an answer