We have 'release' tickets which contain a list of linked tickets, e.g. bugs, new features, etc.
The Release ticket includes a 'Component/s:' field and so do all the linked tickets.
Is there a way to add (preferably without duplication) the contents of all the linked tickets 'Component/s:' field to the same field on the release ticket ?
If the 'release' ticket has the following tickets linked -
1. New UI - Component/s: UI
2. New DB - Component/s: DB
3. Bugfix - Component/s: DB
Then the Release ticket would have 'Component/s: UI, DB'
Hi @Lee Bassom I found some previous community questions that may help:
Thanks, but as far as I can see those are all about auto-populating a field when a ticket is created.
What I'm trying to do, if it's possible, is when a 'child' ticket is linked to a 'parent' ticket, copy the value(s) from child's 'Component/s' field into the parents.
1. Parent ticket has 'Component/s: None'.
2. Link child ticket which has 'Component/s: Bugfix' to the parent ticket.
3. Parent's 'Component/s' field is automatically updated to 'Component/s: Bugfix'.
4. Link another child ticket, with 'Component/s: NewFeature' to the parent ticket.
5. Parent's 'Component/s' field is automatically updated to 'Component/s: Bugfix, NewFeature'.
6a. (if possible) Link another child ticket, with 'Component/s: NewFeature' to the parent ticket. Duplicate component.
6b. No change to parent ticket because this component is already listed.