Auto fill 2 custom fields based on the value of a third custom field which is a checkbox

Sneha Sheth April 8, 2014

Hi all,

I have three custom fields A, B and C.
A is a user picker field, B is a date picker field and C is a checkbox with only two checkboxes Yes/No

If val(C)==yes the A and B should get values automatically where A gets the user who is doing the transition and B is the current date

If val(C)==no the transition should not happen.

How can I achieve this? I looked at a bunch of plugins but could not conclude anything useful.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2014
So for c=no add a condition or validator in the workflow depwnding on how exactly you want it to work. For c=yes you can use script runner to set the values if these two fields via groovy script in a scripted postfunction

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your reply. Can we do it in some other way than the groovy script? Is there any other plugin available?

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2014

You need suite utilities plugin . It has the workflow condition which can check whether val(C)=yes and on that transition you can use the update customfield postfunction provided by this plugin

Hi Mizan,

Appreciate your response. The value of custom field C is set during the transition and never before that. Infact this is the create issue screen. So in the create issue screen the field C is placed, if the user selects yes fields A and B should get values automatically. These fields are not present on the create issue screen. Thanks.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2014

In that case the solution i can think of is writing a groovy postfunction which will check for the value and based on that set the value to the other customfield.

This will be very simple you can search it and you will find similar scripts on Answers and the script runner documentation

Suggest an answer