1. abc@email.com - it will auto assign to agent A
  2. def@email.com - it will auto assign to agent B

Is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2016

Melodie,

I would offer the following solution - setup the default assignee based upon unique Request Types. Here is how it would be done in Cloud, server might be different. Disclaimer - While I have not done this, i believe it should work and certainly worth a quick try. 

1. create two different request types, one for each email, e.g. abc_email, def_email
  2. suggest hiding these request types from the portal but that is optional/preference. I hide my email request type. If you do not hide then you may end up w/ tickets defaulting to an assignee that you do not want.
  3. edit the fields for each request type, add Assignee then edit the value to the desired agent.
  4. w/in project settings>email requests you would associate the request type with the email address (see note below)

Note: it seems you are on server and maybe server allows for multiple custom email channels? In cloud there are two available, the default one that comes with (project@company.atlassian.net) and one Custom email. While I currently only have need of one I assume I could use both of these. Ideally I could create unlimited custom emails.

Suggest an answer