Auto assign ticket to agent on comment or reply

rich johnson December 5, 2016

Currently we use the Spiceworks helpdesk but are considering migrating to JSD.  In spiceworks, with the check of a box, we can assign an issue to an agent when that agent makes a comment or replies to a ticket.  Can this be done in JSD?  I do not see a way to accomplish this in the automation section of project administration.  

6 answers

1 vote
Nabil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2018

This should be possible with the combination of automation and workflow.

The automation is used to transition the issue automatically when a comment is added by the agent. So when the issue is transitioned, add a post function in the workflow to assign the issue to "current user". Just make sure to run the automation rule by the user who triggered the rule instead of default user.

1 vote
Nicola December 12, 2016

On JSD Cloud you can add "automations" (personalized rules triggered by some events), via the gui you can setup: when "comment added" if (conditions) then "edit issue: assignee='Mr. Pink' "

0 votes
Chris McCleary January 17, 2019

I figured it out!!! This is the screen you want to get to, just open up the automation rule, and click the top right gear:

trigger on comment settings.png

0 votes
Chris McCleary January 17, 2019

I think I'm almost there... I've got my post function set up correctly, to where it sets the "Assignee" to the current user. But the current user is "Jira Service Desk Widget" because that is the user performing the rule automation. How do I run the automation rule by the user who triggered the rule, as you say?

0 votes
rich johnson January 13, 2017

It doesn't look like that option exists for JSD on prem.

What about having the ability to assign to a specific user if a comment contains specific text?  For example, Spiceworks has what they call "Ticket anywhere" commands.  I could reply to a ticket via email, and do:

#assign bob

which would assign the ticket to Bob.  Is there a way we could do this within Jira?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2016

Are you using JIRA Server or JIRA Cloud? smile

Suggest an answer