Auto-assign status on creating an issue, based on user group

We are just getting going with JIRA (OnDemand), and want to use it enable us capture issues for internal review before sending them on to partners. We have therefore created an additional status "Reviewed", which "Open" issues must be transitioned to before being assigned to partners (internal or external)

Notwithstanding previous comments I have seen about the lack of functionality to restrict list of assignees by various critieria (which we can work around), it would be very helpful if we could configure the workflow to go straight to "Open" when creating an Issue IF the user is within a specific group. Basically, for our System Owners and Super-Users, we are happy that Issues go straight to partners, but for other users (e.g. CS agents), we want to triage issues they raise.

Any ideas?

1 answer

Maybe you could have two transitions and restrict the one going directly into "Open" to users in a specific role using conditions...#

Cheers Christian

I don't think that works - you can't have two "create" transitions

True. I was mixing things up. I just read " an additional status "Reviewed", which "Open" issues must be transitioned to before being assigned to partners" believing that the transition would be between OPEN and ASSIGN TO PARTNER. Should have read the title more carefully...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted 11 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

33 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you