Auto-assign status on creating an issue, based on user group

Mick d'Ancona September 4, 2012

We are just getting going with JIRA (OnDemand), and want to use it enable us capture issues for internal review before sending them on to partners. We have therefore created an additional status "Reviewed", which "Open" issues must be transitioned to before being assigned to partners (internal or external)

Notwithstanding previous comments I have seen about the lack of functionality to restrict list of assignees by various critieria (which we can work around), it would be very helpful if we could configure the workflow to go straight to "Open" when creating an Issue IF the user is within a specific group. Basically, for our System Owners and Super-Users, we are happy that Issues go straight to partners, but for other users (e.g. CS agents), we want to triage issues they raise.

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Maybe you could have two transitions and restrict the one going directly into "Open" to users in a specific role using conditions...#

Cheers Christian

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2012

I don't think that works - you can't have two "create" transitions

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

True. I was mixing things up. I just read " an additional status "Reviewed", which "Open" issues must be transitioned to before being assigned to partners" believing that the transition would be between OPEN and ASSIGN TO PARTNER. Should have read the title more carefully...

Suggest an answer