Auto-assign shared team (Plan) to all child issues based on the assigned team on Epic

Mari Weitzman December 12, 2021

Hello! 

I would love help with some automation.  We are using Advanced Roadmaps (Plan) to support our SAFe Programs.  Our Projects are managed by Program Managers, who are responsible for creating Epics.  Those Epics are assigned to Teams (Shared Teams within our Plan), who then create all child issues to complete that epic.  The epic & child issues are filtered onto a Team Kanban Board where they complete work from multiple projects.  

I would like to automatically assign the Team that was assigned to the Epic to all child issues within that Epic (newly created, updated, etc).  I discovered that "team" is not an available field in automation and need help with the JQL.  

Any help is very much appreciated.  Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2021

Hi @Mari Weitzman

I suggest you create a new single select custom field where you provide the options for the teams. Then when an epic is populated with a team all, all childs or linked tickets can be populated with the same team.

Here is a link on a video where you can edit child fields when the parent is updated. You will have to update it based on the relationship are using: https://youtu.be/DcPYrw-Puus

The board filters will also have to be updated with this field so that the issues will be viewed properly.

Regards 

Mari Weitzman December 13, 2021

I was hoping we can use the delivered functionality to hopefully build out more of the Team capabilities within the plan - like the capacity planning.  Are you aware of any options to use the delivered Team field to do the same action as above?  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events