Auto assign component lead

K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

Is it possible in the OnDemand environment to assign the component lead when the issue is created?

The only default assignee I could see was project lead or unassigned, and the Post Functions didn't have this assignment option.

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

Assigning to Component Lead option is done on the Components tab under project administration.

K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Ivaylo Enchev December 13, 2016

I know this topic is as old as Tyrannosaurus Rex, but its not working for me.

I created a project;
I created a component where I am the Lead and "Default Assignee" is "Component Lead"; 

When I set this Component to a ticket, it still stays unassigned (even after refresh).

What am I doing wrong ?

Like Sarah Ware likes this
Massimo Grilli July 30, 2019

I have the same issue, what was the solution then? I don't see any reply.

Like # people like this
Brian Sutton October 10, 2019

Same here.  Only appears to work for the first component I defined and assigned a Lead.  Subsequent Components (C2 and C3 for example) with different team members as leads, won't auto assignee it when (in this case) a subtask is created with either C2 or C3 selected.

Like itadmin likes this
Massimo Grilli October 10, 2019

Hi,

I solved my issue adding a post-function to the relevant transition in the workflow. The post-function is called "assign to component lead developer". In this way I was able to assign bugs to component leads defined in Components tab under project administration.

Hope this might help you, too.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

In order to select a component for an issue the component has to be created previously. And when you create it you select who would be the component leader.

Is not possible to have a component leader per issue.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Component#DefiningaComponent-Addinganewcomponent

Suggest an answer