Auto assign component lead

Is it possible in the OnDemand environment to assign the component lead when the issue is created?

The only default assignee I could see was project lead or unassigned, and the Post Functions didn't have this assignment option.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Assigning to Component Lead option is done on the Components tab under project administration.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I know this topic is as old as Tyrannosaurus Rex, but its not working for me.

I created a project;
I created a component where I am the Lead and "Default Assignee" is "Component Lead"; 

When I set this Component to a ticket, it still stays unassigned (even after refresh).

What am I doing wrong ?

This widget could not be displayed.

In order to select a component for an issue the component has to be created previously. And when you create it you select who would be the component leader.

Is not possible to have a component leader per issue.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Component#DefiningaComponent-Addinganewcomponent

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

128 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you