Auto-add comment when assigning issue?

Lukas Forssén October 5, 2016

I would like to know if it is possible to have JIRA add a comment when I assign an issue to someone?

We would like to keep the status "OPEN" and not transition into "IN PROGRESS" or similar. We would rather not have a plugin installed to achieve this.

Do anyone know if this is possible or have an solution to this?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2016

This is not availible through the base functionality of JIRA. There is a plugin that Atlassian offers for free for called "JIRA Automation Plugin" that would provide exactly what you need.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin/server/overview

It's fairly easy to configure. I don't know who your admins are, but it really is pretty self explanatory once the add-on is installed. It works very similarly to the Service Desk automation rules, but it is availible for all of JIRA and its more powerful. 

Good luck, 

Kian 

Lukas Forssén October 6, 2016

Thank you for the answer! I will try to get our owners to install this plugin.

0 votes
Vouchers Tree May 20, 2019

whats is your issue tell me your issue.

regards : Vouchers  Tree

0 votes

We could use plugins, but it would be a bit cumbersome to add them since we are not owning or administrating those parts of the JIRA software. We are a small part in a big organization with many Service Desks.
Is a plugin the only way to go?

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2016

Are you opposed to any plugins, or just those which require money? 

0 votes

Exactly, maybe I wasn't clear about that part. I would like it to be automatic without me having to type anything or press a button.

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2016

Were you envisioning this being an automatic comment? One that doesn't require you to enter anything? 

Suggest an answer