Auto Close tickets using built in Escalation Service

RahulG October 21, 2015

Hi,

I am trying to use the built in Escalation service to auto close tickets (in my case, from status: "Resolved Awaiting Verification" to status: "Close"). I have 20+ workflows with this exact same transition pattern, but of course, different transition IDs Do I have to create one escalation service per workflow? That would seems silly. Is there a way to write ONE generic escalation service will work for all of my workflows? Jelly script was able to do it the generic way. Could you please help me regarding this  @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2015

If the workflow action IDs are the same you can use the same escalation service. I think the question is more why do you want 50 different workflows. 

Anyway, say you have 50 genuinely different workflows, you can just write your own service rather than using the escalation service, which is just a shortcut.

Anything you can do in jelly you can do in groovy. There is a complete example here for looking up the action ID by name: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/jelly-migration.html#_in_code

RahulG October 30, 2015

Thank You Jamie.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

Why did you have to create multiple transitions of "Close"? You can just 're-use' an original every time you create a new workflow. One of the downsides with this is that whatever you properties/validators/post-functions/conditions in Close (1), it will not be inherited when you create a new Close (2). Or you design it this way?

As for the question itself, I think you can "suggest" a feature for it against the vendor (Adaptavist)

RahulG October 22, 2015

I am not aware of a way to " Re-use" any Transition among different workflows. what did you mean by "Re-use"? Yes, we are designed in a way where we have multiple close transitions, they are in different workflows, therefore they have different transition IDs. Is there any specific way which exactly do as same as jelly script ?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2015
Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2015

I am using JIRA 6.2.2. I have the same problem. I read https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Using%27commontransitions, and I am aware you can share a transition in one single workflow, but there is no way to share a transition between different workflows. Am I correct? I have 50+ workflows, each different but with exact steps and transition to close issues. It doesn't look like Script Runner's built-in Escalation Service can handle all in a generic fashion (like Jelly script can). I will have to write a custom groovy script to do the generic way, correct?

Suggest an answer