Auto-Close sub-tasks when Parent is closed

Kathryn Allison January 6, 2014

Hey all,

I am looking for a way to close all sub-tasks when the parent closes. I came across the Post Function here but I'm afraid it's not working for me.

We are on JIRA 5.0.2 with Script Runner 2.0.7

Any ideas?

4 answers

2 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

"not working for me", it doesn't help us to help you!!

what is the error message you are getting on log file ?

Kathryn Allison January 7, 2014

This is the error: javax.script.ScriptException: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: transientVars for class: Script4

Found a ticket on GRV [GRV-125] and tried Jamie's comment: I have no idea. Just for a test replace the line

String currentUser = ((WorkflowContext) transientVars.get("context")).getCaller();

with

String currentUser = ComponentManager.getInstance().getUserUtil().getUser("admin").getName()

In that string change admin to a user that has permission to do the transition.

Then I get this error: javax.script.ScriptException: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: issue for class: Script23

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

There's now a very easy to configure way to transition parents and sub-tasks in sync using Automation for JIRA!

You can easily modify related issues (such as parents, stories, sub-tasks, epics, linked issues and even JQL) using our related issues action and condition:

(this example transitions sub-tasks to "In Progress", but you could easily change this to "Closed" as well)

For more details see https://blog.codebarrel.io/synchronize-parent-and-sub-task-issues-with-automation-for-jira-bdcca6c9d453

0 votes
hagen March 19, 2014

Hello,

I'm using the same code from the example above (here) for default workflow (just testing ;) ) and instead of closed sub-tasks I've got sth like this:

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: a for class: Script2

I must admit that I am not best in 'grooving'- could anyone help me? I would really appreciate.

We are on JIRA 6.0.4 with Script Runner 2.1.17
Best wishes,
JW
0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2014

Try to place the script at the end of the postfunctions list and tell us if this change anything.

Kathryn Allison January 9, 2014

It doesn't change anything

Suggest an answer