Auto Clone an Issue in JIRA Cloud

Justin Andrews September 12, 2017

Is there an efficient way to auto-clone an issue in JIRA?  

I want to clone issues from one project to another, linking the issues in the process.  It would be terrific if there were a way to automate this process in JIRA cloud.  

I have noticed some plugins that claim to do it on the server version but none of them are available for the cloud based version.

2 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 7, 2019

For Jira Cloud you can use our app Deep Clone for Jira to clone and move issues in one action. A link between the original isssue and the cloned issue is created automatically in the process.

If you have any feedback or questions about our app, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at support@codefortynine.com.

0 votes
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2017
Justin Andrews September 14, 2017

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunatly, I am running JIRA Cloud, and the feature appears to work differently.  It seems I am only able to link to existing issues, rather than having the ability to create a linked issue.  /smh

MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

I'm not familiar with Cloud much but can you try to use "g+g" and search for "create linked issue" action like this?

image.png

Suggest an answer