Auto-Change Status

Nathan Fletcher January 12, 2016

Does anybody know if there is a way within JIRA Service Desk (or a plug-in) that you can specify a status to automatically change at a given date/time.  For example, a request comes in that cannot be started for two weeks, therefore it is placed 'On-hold' and given a time/date where it will automatically become 'Open'.

2 answers

0 votes
Nathan Fletcher January 18, 2016

I'm struggling slightly with this one.  I've attached a screen shot of the functionality within our currently system that I'm looking to use within JIRA.  As you can see, it's incredibly straightforward.  Is there nothing this straightforward within JIRA that can accomplish this?

Status Change.PNG

Jens Wanschura September 24, 2018

Thats what i am looking for too. Would be nice to have!

Karthick Mohan April 9, 2020

@Nathan Fletcher  - That screenshot looks pretty simple, but I dont find it. Can you provide the navigation in Jira to achieve it.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2016

You can accomplish this by either:

• Creating your very own script that updates a JIRA ticket depending on your criteria and put it in your favorite cron scheduler
  • Use an existing add-on (Like the JIRA Script Runner Escalation Service) that can update the ticket automatically based on what you configured it to be

Nathan Fletcher January 12, 2016

Thanks Gabrielle.  You'll have to excuse me, I'm extremely new to JIRA (one week old).  The JIRA Script Runner Escalation Service you have suggested, what is involved in getting this working?

Also, a colleague of mine has suggested that I create an SLA for a specified time and the trigger that starts the SLA and when it can be paused and stopped.  Then I can use the automation rule to say that when the SLA is breached (the time has expired) if the status is 'On Hold' then transition it to another status i.e. 'Open.  Is this advisable for what I am trying to acheive?

Just to re-iterate, I simply require the functionality to specify a time/date when a status will be changed on a ticket.  This won't be for every ticket of a certain type, this simply needs to be used on an ad-hoc basis (as and when, and  on any type of ticket).  Thanks.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

Yes, this might be exactly what you need. The JIRA Script Runner is a paid licensed tool add-in (it was free before, the glory days...) that let's you do this kind of stuff. It also have a neat documentation and how to here https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/escalation-service.html

Nathan Fletcher January 15, 2016

Ok thanks, I'll take a look.

Suggest an answer