Authorization through JIRA

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

Hello

I've created my own website on php and I'd like to make authorization on it through JIRA. Is it possible?

I noticed that I can use CURL() with url /rest/auth/1/session - if I pass in CURL correct username and password it returns object with this user session. So, I assume I can use it for authorization on my own website. But How can I receive session from jira if I was already authorized in JIRA website?

E.g.: opening my website it should check if user was authorized in jira. If yes- show my website pages, if no- redirect to jira login screen and after successfull authorization- return to my website.

Thanks,

Fyodor

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

JIRA can act as Crowd as long as your application can talk to it. Refer https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+a+Custom+Application for details on how to use Crowd with your custom application.

Suggest an answer