Authentication verification error: 401 Authentication request has expired. Try reloading the page

Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2015

My cloud add-on was working perfectly for a few months, but it suddenly started to return "Authentication verification error: 401 Authentication request has expired. Try reloading the page" error. I have restarted the node server but it didn't help. How could I debug this error?

Thanks

5 answers

4 votes
radadi basma April 6, 2017

Hi Deniz Oguz

i already have the same issue nd i found the solution :

delete the "store.db" file which exist on the same directory of "app.js" and then it will be generated automatically again

Regards

RADADI Basma

4 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2015

The problem was my server's time was 3 minutes a head of actual time, this was causing JWT tokens to expire immediately. Fixing server's time solved the problem.

0 votes
Alberto expósito November 1, 2020

The problem is "/installed" method launches a query without order, that's why you can uninstall and install only ONCE. But the second time you try to install your app, it launches a query and this query return the first row in the table, and it should be the last one (the second one in this case). 

They should fix this ASAP.

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2015

Hi Brian,

I am the plugin developer and I am installing it to my cloud instance from private listing, as far as I know it does not require payment. But I could also get this error for my customer's requests. It was perfectly working a few day's ago. I think it is related with JWT authentication but I haven't changed anything for months. Only option I think is cloud JIRA versions are updated in an incompatible way and I may need to change my express dependencies or inside my app.js file. 

"dependencies": {
    "atlassian-connect-express": "~1.0.1",
    "express": "~3.3.4",
    "express-hbs": "*",
    "jugglingdb-sqlite3": "0.0.5",
    "morgan": "^1.5.2",
    "static-expiry": ">=0.0.5"
  },
0 votes
Brian Ross August 10, 2015

Just guessing, is your add-on a paid app and you didn't pay your bill?

Suggest an answer