Authentication problems

Alexey Borisov May 4, 2014

Some of my users cant log in. He has an error like 'Authetication failed please try again later'

There are more than one such problem. All users with this problem are in one LDAP. I can synchronize this LDAP

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2014

Error code 49 is the equivalent of bad credentials at login. If you are trying to connect to AD the best method is to bind using useraccountname@corp.xxx.com as the user instead of the standard full DN

I would imagine you would bind by replacing

"uid=userName,ou=Information Technology Team,ou=New Jersey,dc=ost,dc=srcorp,dc=com"

with
"useraccountname@corp.xxx.com"

- where useraccountname is the login ID and XXX is the domain your AD runs in ...

Alexey Borisov May 6, 2014
0 votes
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2014

This happens when the BaseDN of the directory does not contain an Organizational Unit (OU). For example: BaseDN:dc=mycompany,dc=com

Add an Organizational Unit (OU) to the BaseDN. For example: ou=office,dc=mycompany,dc=com

Please see our documentation for further assistance with diagnosing LDAP problems.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Troubleshooting+LDAP+User+Management<br< a="">>

Alexey Borisov May 4, 2014

After adding OU I see

[LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A8, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 532, v1db1]; nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A8, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 532, v1db1]

Suggest an answer