Authentication failing in integrated system(internal) since the Atlassian introduced Atlassian Cloud

Farahath Bujaruk May 30, 2017

HI,

We have integrated Atlassian Jira with Salesforce. Since the Atlassian introduced Atlassian Cloud Account, our authentication(web services)in integration code is failing.

Afte this new feature it is redirecting to https://id.atlassian.com from our company's url ater authenticating, redirects back to company's url. We are unable to figure out the solution for Authentication failing.

Can some one please share the steps as to how to to this?

2 answers

0 votes
Dheeraj Gupta February 13, 2018

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and @Farahath Bujaruk,

Actually, my organization is also facing the same issue and I want to elaborate it further.

We have an application portal for our "Customers" and when a customer logs in to our application portal, there is a help link. The customer can click the Help Link and navigate to the documentation hosted on Confluence Cloud. Customers were need not provide the login credentials separately to view the documentation because the login credentials for confluence instance are passed through our application portal using a Form Submit action.

We were using common login credentials for all users, who were accessing our application portal. But after Atlassian accounts are tightly integrated into Cloud systems, it stopped working. Currently, as a workaround, we have enabled the guest view of our confluence cloud space but aforementioned causes security issues to our documentation. We have thousands of customers accessing our application portal and plus our documentation and we cannot create their Atlassian account just to view our documentation.

I hope it clears the doubt. For the similar issue, see this post:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Any-way-to-embed-a-username-password-in-the-url/qaq-p/338934?posted=587995

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2018

You'll need to adapt your model to allow for the use of Atlassian accounts if you want to use Cloud like this.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2017

Cloud has been around for many years, so I don't think you mean that.  I suspect you mean that Atlassian accounts have been more tightly integrated into Cloud systems, and people moved from local accounts to Atlassian accounts.

I'm guessing your authentication code used to try to authenticate people by trying to log them into Cloud JIRA and if successful, then logging them into Salesforce too.  But you've not really explained what it is doing, so I can't be sure of that. 

If that is roughly true, then you will need to modify your code so that it uses the Atlassian account instead.  But I'm not sure we can help you with that because we don't know what your code is doing.

Suggest an answer