Authenticate to subscribe to a JIRA ONDemand feed in Google sheet

Kieran Sheehan January 22, 2013

Hi,

I am looking for a way of pulling data into a Google spreadsheet from JIRA. The mechanism is easy - I create a filter and use getXML, but I am obliged to provide my user name and password in clear.

Given that we use our Google credentials to log into OD using SSO, is there any way I can retrieve a token to authenticate?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2013

Hi Kieran

Rest calls go through Internal Jira Authentication, so ou will want to use the password tht you set the first time you logged in to your OnDemand instance - you can change this password at anytime through your JIRA profile as well. However, we enforce ssl through our OnDemand proxy so the passwords do not come acrosss as plain text.

Cheers,

Gary

Kieran Sheehan January 29, 2013

Ok. So I guess the answer is "no"

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Hi there, if you are using Jira Cloud (Cloud, not Jira Server the hosted version of Jira), you can use the Jira for Google Sheets add-on: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Try-the-new-Jira-Cloud-add-on-for-Google-Sheets/ba-p/1016436

We hope that helps!

Suggest an answer