Audit log management in Automation for JIRA

Stanisław Juźwicki September 26, 2019

Could we have some features to manage the audit log for automation rules? We have around 60-80 users in our JIRA (so pretty small really) working on several hundred tasks. This means there might be more than a thousand automation rules kicked off daily. It's nice that we can get a mail alert when a rule fails, but it doesn't really help when by the time you actually click on that mail, you have to wade through pages and pages of rule executions that happened afterwards.

What I would expect:

1. Ability to filter the audit log list by any fields that are already on that list (most importantly status, rule ID and date range).

2. Ability to export the audit log list into Excel / CSV

3. Alternatively we could also use the Performance insights view to accomplish what's needed, but we would then need the performance insights view not to be limited to top 20 rules and most importantly we would need to be able to click through from the performance insights statistics. So if I see (on the performance insights) that a specific rule failed 3 times throughout the last week, I would need to be able to click on the "3" to see the exact 3 rule executions that failed.

To be honest, for a long time I thought I was missing some well hidden feature, because I could not imagine organizations much larger than ours (where rule executions can go into tens of thousands daily) surviving with just browsing the audit log page by page... so if there is a hidden feature somewhere, I would be very grateful for pointing it out :) 

2 answers

0 votes
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2020

-

0 votes
Deleted user September 26, 2019

Hey there Stanislaw,

Thanks for the feedback!

Better filtering / insights into what's failed is something we've been working on. The Performance insights tab is a part of this work and we'll be continuing to iterate and improve on this. We'll definitely keep your feedback around the log filtering in mind for this.

Cheers,

Mark C

Suggest an answer