Attributes of base DN I need to connect JIRA to LDAP aren't supported?

Motoko Mori March 24, 2015

Hi.

I've been trying to connect our JIRA to an LDAP directory for authentication.

The Base DN of our LDAP server should be "ou=people, o=yp, c=jp" (I ‘ve got  it by using LDAP Browser).

Using that DN for setting,  the connecting test has been OK.  But  test to retrieve user information has failed.

The error message says:

"org.springframework.ldap.OperationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 12 - Unavailable Critical Extension]; nested exception is javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 12 - Unavailable Critical Extension]; remaining name 'o=yp,c=jp'"

For more information regarding LDAP error codes see

Does it mean neither “o" nor "c" can be used for Base DN for connecting  LDAP  user directory in JIRA ?

Any suggestion would be welcomed.

2 answers

0 votes
Motoko Mori April 7, 2015

Thank you, Renato.

Selecting “Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition”, I passed several tests including user certification.

Since I still have the problem for test of user’s memberships information, I investigate some parameters.

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2015

Hi Motoko, 

Can you confirm if did you chose the right connector? I mean, “o” attribute usually is related to Novell eDirectory. So, if you are using it and chose an Active Directory it might be the problem. On this link you can get additional information.

In addition, I believe the link below has the solution for your case.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=235668720

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer