Attributes of base DN I need to connect JIRA to LDAP aren't supported?

Hi.

I've been trying to connect our JIRA to an LDAP directory for authentication.

The Base DN of our LDAP server should be "ou=people, o=yp, c=jp" (I ‘ve got  it by using LDAP Browser).

Using that DN for setting,  the connecting test has been OK.  But  test to retrieve user information has failed.

The error message says:

"org.springframework.ldap.OperationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 12 - Unavailable Critical Extension]; nested exception is javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 12 - Unavailable Critical Extension]; remaining name 'o=yp,c=jp'"

For more information regarding LDAP error codes see

Does it mean neither “o" nor "c" can be used for Base DN for connecting  LDAP  user directory in JIRA ?

Any suggestion would be welcomed.

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Motoko, 

Can you confirm if did you chose the right connector? I mean, “o” attribute usually is related to Novell eDirectory. So, if you are using it and chose an Active Directory it might be the problem. On this link you can get additional information.

In addition, I believe the link below has the solution for your case.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=235668720

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Thank you, Renato.

Selecting “Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition”, I passed several tests including user certification.

Since I still have the problem for test of user’s memberships information, I investigate some parameters.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,795 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot