Attachments in the backed

KRC January 24, 2018

Hi All

I imported issues via CSV including the issue key and copied over attachments to ---data/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/attachments and reindexing instance

Is this the right way to get attachments? If not please let me know the right way.

FYI: This method worked in my windows laptop while setting up a local test instance. Not sure if this applies to Linux

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Claudio Ombrella January 24, 2018

For as long as you copied the attached in the right directory structure where the project is defined what you have done is correct.

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

Not for CSV import. For a normal Jira -> Jira Project Import, that is the process.

Claudio Ombrella January 24, 2018

You are right I read too quickly :(

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

It's sort of covered in the CSV Importing docs. Basically, you need to add another series of columns to your CSV and include a single URL to the attachment. If you have 3 attachments for the issue, you need to add a URL in each of 3 attachments columns. It does need to be a URL (http or https) and not a file location.

Since your data is already in there, you can create a CSV file that contains 2 columns + the Attachments columns and not have to re-import your text data. You must have the Jira Issue number in one column and the Summary in another column. This is easy to harvest from the Filter Results screen. Whatever you enter in the Summary column will overwrite the issue, so be sure to use the real Summary you get from the Jira issue. The Attachment columns need to be structured exactly as I previously described.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer