Attachments do not display in a separate tab

philippe Van Dessel September 2, 2015

Hello,

I want to put the "Attachment" field in a separate tab of my Screens as our list of attachment can be big, for better visibility.

I did the necessary in the config (see screenshot). Removed the Attachment field from default "Field Tab", created a new tab and put the Attachment field there. 

However, when I display an issue, the attachments are always above the sub-tasks, whichever tab is displayed. BTW, the Attachments tab in only displayed if another field is also present on that tab.

Is this a bug?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2015

Nope, that's not a bug. That's the way it is. The "attachment" field that you are talking about is where will you like the "attach" button to appear. When viewing an issue, the "Attachment" will always be wherever it is right now, just like the other system fields like dates, links, people, time tracking etc... You can tweak this in the code, but I am highly against it.

Suggest an answer