Attachment versions are not visible in JIRA v7.1.7 server.

Raj Vora August 15, 2017

I am using JIRA v7.1.7 server edition.  According to JIRA documentation:

"When viewing a list of attachments, you can add a new version of an existing attachment by uploading an attachment with the same file name, as displayed on the attachment view. Existing files will be kept with the name 'Version x', where the value of 'x' increments with each upload of an attachment with the same file name.

To see all versions of an attachment: Choose the arrow next to an attachment name."

Unfortunately I can not see all the versions of a file (I can't find the arrow) which I have uploaded 4 times all with the same file name.  Instead four separate instances of the same file name are displayed.

Are attachment versions an available feature in JIRA v7.1.7 server edition.  If so, why am I not seeing them?  If not, how best can I keep track of attachment versions?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2017

Hi Raj,

The article you refered to is for Confluence.  Attachment versions are not available in JIRA at the moment. 

There is a current feature request that you can find at JRASERVER-5963.  It's not currently on the JIRA Roadmap to be added but voting on the issue will add impact and help the developers see the benefit of this feature.  Please vote on the issue and add your use case to the comments.

Cheers,

Branden

Raj Vora August 16, 2017

Thanks for the clarification!

Suggest an answer