Attachment thumbnail not showing in portal from customer view

Jessirel cubio August 28, 2019

Our service desk customers can't see the image thumbnail attached by service desk agents.

But if the reporter is jira admin, it's visible. Is this something to do with permissions?

Screenshot_46.png

Screenshot_45.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2019

Hi Jessirel,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
For a customer to see an attachment in the portal, the attachment must be added as a comment.
I see that the tickets you used as an example are different, is this happening for all tickets and customers?
Is it happening for any type of image?
Also, have they tried to open using another browser?
Another test that can help us to identify something is opening the developer tools on the browser and check if it shows any error.

Regards,
Angélica

Jessirel cubio September 4, 2019

Update: I re-upload the same image with different name but same file type. Now it appears. I don't understand this error

image attachment error.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2019

I tried to replicate here, but what happens on my instance is an old bug where all images that have the same name, shows as the first one that was added.
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4602
It was closed, but not resolved yet.

Please, let me know if you tested using another browser and if the behaviour was the same.

Suggest an answer