Attachment read-only in JIRA

Francesco R
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014

Hello,

I'd like that the files attached to an issue are in read-only mode, i.e. no one (neither the user that attached them) is able to modify them.

Is there a way to do this ?

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Francesco R
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

Well, maybe I did a bad question. Really the files are on the server on which jira is and when an attached file is opened and edited, we really edit the copy opened in the temp directory on our PC. So the file on the server remains always the same, I think

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2014

using following permissions on permission scheme you control

Delete All Attachments

Delete Own Attachments

check the following doc for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Francesco R
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2014

I already checked this: maybe I'm wrong but the permissions allow/disallow the user to attach/remove the attachments but each attachment can be edited after being attached.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2014

Correct, there is no restriction on editing the attachment. Since the attachment is stored in a file structure on the server, not the JIRA database I don't see how JIRA could provide that level of control.

Suggest an answer