Attachment query

Neeta Dubey February 25, 2015

screen shot.pngThe filename in attachment folder is not matching with file name in the tciket. Could some please adice

filename in folder is

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2015

That's correct.

Confluence renames the attachments to something it can handle because you can't have two files with the same name in the directory and it needs to version the copies. It also dodges previous problems with unusual characters in file names, non-standard character sets and so on.

I think the question I'd need to ask is "why does it matter to you?"  The files handed over in the UI and by REST are named fine, and you shouldn't care how Confluence handles them internally.

The reason behind this is we are migrating data from JIRA to Salesforce and so we need to migrate attachement as well. What could advice to migrate such attachments? Any help would be really apprericated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2015

Oh, this downgrade again, I thought you'd finished that ages ago. There is no easy route to do this. You're going to need to read each issue in Jira or Page in confluence for their attachments, getting the version you want (all of them?) then extracting the physical file name.

0 votes

The filename in attachment oflder is 25969

Suggest an answer