Attachment not found error

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2012

On the ticket itself, I am seeing two attachments but yet when I click on the attachment, it's no longer there. I checked teh file system and confirm that those 2 folders are not there but I cannot find anything in the activity stream that someone remove those 2 files. The admins on the FS is limited to me and my supervisor, and we clearly did not know how this happened.

The question I have is why the files are showing up on the ticket when the file is no longer there. Is the only possible reason is due to someone manually removing the file?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 answers

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2012

Eva,

Moving issue normally not causing this problem. The attachment normally moved together with the issue to another ticket.

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2012

Hi Eva,

If the files does exist in the JIRA_HOME/data/attachments/PROJECT_KEY/ISSUE_KEY , it is expected for JIRA to throw error since it can't find it. To confirm if the database is indeed correct, you can run SQL query to double confirm if the issue has attachment associated to it :

SELECT * FROM fileattachment where issueid in (SELECT ID FROM jiraissue where pkey='ISSUE_KEY');

If the association does exist, I do suspect that the files are removed manually.

Good Luck.

-Janet

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

I already use that SQL before posting the question and saw that there is connection to that ticket with that attachment. The only thing I can think of is that this ticket had been moved by someone before, from one project to another. Would moving ticket cause this problem to occur?

Suggest an answer