Attachment file name is not showing in stored location

Shivani Chhabra August 26, 2014

We are not getting the same file name in the location we have specified the path for storing the attachments in HTS Jira, during creation of ticket (issue) under any project and attaching file into that ticket . But we are getting the same file with same size but in different name starting with number.

So could you please tell us know how to resolve this issue so that we can get the file with same name in the stored location what we have attached during ticket creation.

Thanks in advance for getting your reply as early as possible.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2014

There is no "resolution". Jira is storing files you attach in the way it's designed to. You aren't going to get the same file names on the file system.

There are only two uses designed/intended for the attachments in Jira - Jira uses them, and you should back them up. You are not expected to use them in any other way.

Shivani Chhabra August 27, 2014

Thank you for your information. But it didn't help us to solve the issue. So could you please respond with new solution.

Also I want to mention that Jira was in Linux earlier and attachments were getting stored properly but after migration to Windows it is not saving with file name we attaching.

Also I want to mention that Jira was in Linux earlier and attachments were getting stored properly but after migration to Windows it is not saving with file name we attaching. So if possible could you please respond back with alternate solution as the response I got till now didn't worked out to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance to expect your quick response.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2014

No, you're missing the point.

There is no "alternate solution" on the file names other than "use Jira as it is intended". Your expectations are incorrect and you are NOT going to get this changed.

The only way to change this behaviour is to hack Jira core code, which is a really bad idea.

This, of course, leads to the question of why do you want this? You shouldn't care about the names of the files in the storage system, as they are reported correctly by Jira and that's where you should be using them.

1 vote
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

Hey there,

if I get your right your problem isn't about beeing fixed.

Attachments are located and named like "hfoaijsdHdasih" on the path/server.
The are only in JIRA itself like real attachments you can work with.

Hope this could help a bit.

Greets
Simon

Thanks you Simon for your valuable suggesion. Also I want to mention that Jira was in Linux earlier and attachments were getting stored properly but after migration to Windows it is not saving with file name we attaching. So if possible please respond with alternate solution.

Suggest an answer