Attachment Compression in Jira

Michael Curran December 4, 2013

We currently have Jira 5.1.3 installed and are upgrading to 6.1.2 for Jira, we have noticed that attachments are automatically compressed in 5.1.3, but cannot find the setting in 6.1.2 that will allow for that same compression.

This presents the issue that when we bring over all our attachments and restore them from the 5.1.3 instance to the 6.1.2 instance, the attachments are compressed and the new instance is not working to uncompress them (or compress new attachments).

I am sure it is a simple setting we are missing in regards to compressing attachments, but we have been unsuccessful in finding documentation online or the setting in the Administration tabs. Could someone point me at the documentation regarding this or list out possible Add-Ons that might peform this task?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2022

You can try to move manually attachments just coping and pasting them in the new location after the upgrade. You need to restart JIRA after doing that.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Michael Curran December 5, 2013

Has noone else run across this problem? I would expect that there is a thrid party tool in place here, and surprised its not a default option within Jira to help conserve space.

Suggest an answer