Attachment Bulk Uploading

molysa December 4, 2014

Hello ,

Is it possible to upload attachments in bulk like the way we do importing issues through CSV?

Regards,

4 answers

0 votes
Seb September 10, 2021

This topic is quite old, but I want to join the question. Is there a solution for Jira Cloud to upload a lot of files to different issues at the same time? Without having to buy a plugin ...

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2015

JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) is often used to automate such tasks using addAttachment perhaps combined with createIssue.

0 votes
David Luke August 10, 2015

Found my answer (not what I wanted to hear) at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+%28Bulk%29+Issues

Unavailable Operations

The fields listed in this section have no operations for bulk editing. This is because there is an alternative method or it is not logical to perform bulk edit on them.

The following system fields are unavailable for bulk editing:

• Attachments
  • Summary
  • Description
  • Environment
  • Project — Please use 'Bulk Move' to move issues between projects
  • Resolution — Please use 'Bulk Workflow Transitions' to modify the resolution of issues
  • Time Tracking fields — Original Estimate, Remaining Estimate, Time Spent

The following custom field types are unavailable for bulk editing:

• Import Id
  • Read Only Text
Daniel Ray September 29, 2015

We have a use case for bulk update attachments. We use JIRA to approve financial documents at the end of the quarters. To do so we create multiple sub-tasks upon the creation of the task in the project. We need to be able to put the file on the sub-tasks after they are created.

0 votes
David Luke August 10, 2015

same question here.

Suggest an answer