Attaching Files to Project

Lincoln Kirk March 8, 2016

We want to use the project container as our repository for housing files and documents related to an individual project. I see a way to do it in epics and issues but not directly to the project. Any assistance would be appreciated.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

If that will be not enough you can use this plugin:

2 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

It is not possible to add attachment to project in a "straight" way.

You can always create an artificial issue type which will be one for project and attach to this issue you attachments (e.g. name it project attachments)

I hope that will help you

Michal

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2016

JIRA doesn't have any file storage functions at project level, it's all about the issues.

I'm not aware of any add-ons that add that function, but I'd check the marketplace in case I've missed something.  I suspect you may have to write your own.  Although most of us link projects to Confluence spaces where you can document and store whatever you want, or have a project full of "project issues" where we can document the project.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2016

JIRA is an issue tracker, not optimized for files and documents so natively, JIRA can't do what you want. As you mentioned, you can attach files/docs to an issue which belongs to a project but that's it.

*JIRA attachments are not even optimized so that it "version controls" them you can even upload attachments with the same name).

Suggest an answer