Attaching Files to Project

We want to use the project container as our repository for housing files and documents related to an individual project. I see a way to do it in epics and issues but not directly to the project. Any assistance would be appreciated.

4 answers

1 accepted

If that will be not enough you can use this plugin:

It is not possible to add attachment to project in a "straight" way.

You can always create an artificial issue type which will be one for project and attach to this issue you attachments (e.g. name it project attachments)

I hope that will help you

Michal

1 votes

JIRA doesn't have any file storage functions at project level, it's all about the issues.

I'm not aware of any add-ons that add that function, but I'd check the marketplace in case I've missed something.  I suspect you may have to write your own.  Although most of us link projects to Confluence spaces where you can document and store whatever you want, or have a project full of "project issues" where we can document the project.

JIRA is an issue tracker, not optimized for files and documents so natively, JIRA can't do what you want. As you mentioned, you can attach files/docs to an issue which belongs to a project but that's it.

*JIRA attachments are not even optimized so that it "version controls" them you can even upload attachments with the same name).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,950 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot