Attach mail to an issue

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2016

Hi Atlassian,

We're using JIRA 7.1 Software, with a definite incoming Mail.

Is it possible to attach the incoming mail to the issue in .eml?

We developed a plugin for JIRA 4.3 with the SOAP API, but, with the new API, the script can't work.

Here is how it looked like in JIRA 4.3:

image2016-6-2 11:59:9.png

Does someone know how to do it with JIRA 7.1?

Best Regards,

Damien.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hangsu Ma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

JIRA 7.1 build in mail handler does not have such function. You will need a plugin for it.

If you dont fancy develop your own plugin, you can always pick a solution from Atlassian Market. There are few plugins that can attach email. One of them is EMH:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/biz.beag.jira.mailer/server/overview

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2016

Hi Hangsu,

I downloaded a free trial version of your plugin,

but, when i send an email to test the handler,

the test fail. Without showing why^^ 

Do you have an user guide or something?

Best regards, Damien.

Hangsu Ma
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2016

Hi Damien,

When you say the test failed, what happened there exactly?

would be great if you can create a ticket here:

https://beagbiz.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/

and provide more information.

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2016

Hi @Hangsu Ma,

The fail was only my fault smile

I have another problem right now smile

I have my Project "Crash Tesr", key "TC". Is it possible to create an issue with a key different of TC-1, TC-2, TC-3... SUP-1 for example?

Moreover, does your Mail Handler always create a new issue when I send an email? Can he recognise an issue key to add a comment?

Best Regards, Damien.

Hangsu Ma
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2016

Hi Damien,

The issue created by mail handler in a project is always using the project key. I am guessing you just need a way to differentiate issues created from mail handler and issues created by user. If that's the case, they you can try set email handler to create a specific type of issue, or add a label on the issue.

For the comments, yes, if your email subject contains a valid issue key, it will be added to that issue as comment. Or if your email is a reply to a email which created an issue through mail handler, then it will always become a comment of that created issue.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2016
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2016

Hi Nic, 

I tried to use this link to help me changing the plugin. But, it don't really help me, for this, we use different scripts java/shell.

And, a lot of methods used are not present in your link. 

As example, is the script 4.3. And what I tried to do in .

The changes between the two scripts are too much important to juste use this guide sad

Damien.

Suggest an answer