Attach a Google Doc to a Jira Ticket?

Chris Hough July 2, 2013

I recently added the Atlassian add on to my google apps account, however, I can not seem to locate how to attach a google doc to a ticket? where is it? also, is confluence required for this to work? I submitted a ticket but I am still waiting for help.

We are using an OnDemand instance.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Hough July 2, 2013

THIS NO LONGER EXISTS!!!

As a work around I created a custom url field and made it part of my default field setup for when any issue type is created, or edited.

0 votes
Marco De Gregorio March 6, 2014

I join in the shock to see Atlassian deciding to make the Google Apps integration almost useless. I also added a comment here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.inkfilepicker.plugin.confluence.filepicker#ondemand

Even a paid plugin is just to get attachments so not as useful.. but maybe could help someone:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.inkfilepicker.plugin.confluence.filepicker#ondemand

0 votes
Chris Hough July 2, 2013

I am using the Atlassian plug in, do you have any other ideas?...

I am sorry but those links DO NOT answer the question.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

Hi, you've linked Google Apps to OnDemand, which links the users - so you can login using your Google Apps account. I believe they removed Google Docs from OnDemand. The plugin(s) stated are for the download edition only.

If you must need this functionality either go with self hosting or 3rd party hosting of the download edition.

You don't need Confluence.

Chris Hough July 2, 2013

seriously? that sucks. I wish they updated their damn documentation. what an epic failure!

Chris Hough July 2, 2013

Has anyone found a way around this for ondemand?

0 votes
rahulkhire July 2, 2013

You can use the Link feature to link to non-Atlassian URLs. Link -> Web Link.

Chris Hough July 2, 2013

Also, I am NOT seeing the link to google document option?

Chris Hough July 2, 2013

True, but that defeats the purpose of using direct google app integration right?

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013
Chris Hough July 2, 2013

I am using the Atlassian plug in, do you have any other ideas?...

I am sorry but those links DO NOT answer the question.

Suggest an answer