Attach Screenshot on IE9 not working

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Trying to use the Attach Screenshot, have Java 1.7 and 1.6 installed, have permissions to attach things to issue, and attachments are allowed. This is on Jira 5.2. This is on Windows 7, IE 9.

When I click on the Attach Screenshot a popup window appears and very quickly displays info about attaching a screenshot but it is very quickly replaced with a web page which points to Oracle. No other popups/warnings/dialogs come up.

Thanks,

J

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Can you check if you have enabled the JAVA extension in your browser? Top-right corner CogWheel icon > Manage Addons > Toolbars and Extensions > Java(tm) Plugin enabled or disabled?

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2012

Thanks Daniel that got me going in the right direction. I had Java installed but was forgetting that IE runs in 32bit and I only had 64bit Java installed. Once I installed the 32bit verison that solved my problem. Thanks.

Suggest an answer