Attach Screenshot not working in JIRA OnDemand (but it did before!). How do I get it back?

Judy Fearn June 23, 2014

Environment: Windows 7 Professional, SP1

Browser: Firefox ESR 24.6.0 ESR (corporate approved version) or Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m

Java 7 V60 (also automagically installed by coporate)

We used to be able to or the three grey dots in the Agile board view and select Atttach Screenshot and there would be a box where we could paste a clipped image. Now the container doesn't appear and clicking either the PrtScn button or Ctrl + V buttons does nothing. I didn't change the system permissions. Adding attachments is still enabled. What happened and how do I get the ability to attach screenshots back? (Yes, I know I can save them and attach the file, but that's not quite as convenient).

I tried opening an issue and using More-->Attach Screenshot and it appears to be working properly.

1 answer

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2014

Hi Judy,

The screenshot applet was redesigned and now works on HTML5 (you may refer to this ticket for more info).

Have you tried to press the PrtScn (PrintScreen) key on your keyboard, and then press Ctrl+v on your keyboard while the Screenshot pop-up is open? You may find more information about how to attach screenshots on JIRA OnDemand in the link below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Attaching+a+Screenshot

I hope this information helps.

Sincerely,

Danilo

Judy Fearn July 10, 2014

I have tried doing as you suggest, but there is no container in which to paste the image/screen capture. When I enter a file name, I get a 500 error ("Sorry, we had some technical problems during your last operation."

Suggest an answer