Attach Screenshot not working in JIRA OnDemand (but it did before!). How do I get it back?

Environment: Windows 7 Professional, SP1

Browser: Firefox ESR 24.6.0 ESR (corporate approved version) or Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m

Java 7 V60 (also automagically installed by coporate)

We used to be able to or the three grey dots in the Agile board view and select Atttach Screenshot and there would be a box where we could paste a clipped image. Now the container doesn't appear and clicking either the PrtScn button or Ctrl + V buttons does nothing. I didn't change the system permissions. Adding attachments is still enabled. What happened and how do I get the ability to attach screenshots back? (Yes, I know I can save them and attach the file, but that's not quite as convenient).

I tried opening an issue and using More-->Attach Screenshot and it appears to be working properly.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Judy,

The screenshot applet was redesigned and now works on HTML5 (you may refer to this ticket for more info).

Have you tried to press the PrtScn (PrintScreen) key on your keyboard, and then press Ctrl+v on your keyboard while the Screenshot pop-up is open? You may find more information about how to attach screenshots on JIRA OnDemand in the link below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Attaching+a+Screenshot

I hope this information helps.

Sincerely,

Danilo

I have tried doing as you suggest, but there is no container in which to paste the image/screen capture. When I enter a file name, I get a 500 error ("Sorry, we had some technical problems during your last operation."

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,156 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot