Attach Screenshot Error in IE10

Ben January 14, 2014

Hi there,

I'm getting an error in the Attach Screenshot windows in Internet Explorer 10 since the latest Java update. "Error. Click for details" is displayed instead of the Java applet. When I do click for details, the Java Console gives me the following message:

Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: https://jira.[mydomain].com/secure/applet/screenshot.jar

Anybody knows what this means?

I'm able to attach screenshots correctly in Chrome.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

A quick fix is to set java security to medium (on the computer of every user) :-(

Ben January 19, 2014

Works for me. Thanks!

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2014

It's a known bug, reported here JRA-35476. In the bug report are two workarounds, a replacement screenshot.jar to install on the server (works for me without a restart of the JIRA system) and a replacement plugin.

0 votes
Aron Chudnoff January 15, 2014

Getting the same issue in Firefox/Chome.

Suggest an answer