Atlassian search - Add custom fields to a document(Issue/Page) in Jira/Confluence Lucene index

todor kolev February 5, 2014

Can anybody provide some brief pseudo sequence with pointers to the API of how you can add custom fields to a document and reindex that document (documents I am particularly interested in are Jira Issue and Confluence Page).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2014

I had done this once and used the following modules (in confluence):

• Extractor
  • lucene-sort-mapper

But thats a long time ago... so maybe something changed, but give it a try

todor kolev February 6, 2014

Thanks Steve,

Yes, Extractors are the way to go but they are only called each time content is created or updated in Confluence. How about if you want to tweak some existing indexes of already existing content.... You reckon I should simply force the content to be updated in the index? I know for example in Jira there is reindexIssues and reindexComments methods...

Cheers

Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2014

You don't need to update your content, a simple reindex should to this.

Suggest an answer