Atlassian products workflow with Spring and standalone SPA's with JS

SPence May 12, 2014

I understand how to handle the Spring side of things within a workflow for the Atlassian ecosystem. My question is how do you handle the same testing, deployment ideology for the SPA side of things?

Confluence -> Plan

(Stash/Bitbucket) Wouldn't want to leave these out.

Jira -> Assign units of work

Jira Agile -> Execute/Plan Work

Bamboo -> CI & CD

Clover -> Code Quality

Confluence -> Discuss how it went

Spring fits well into how we use the products. Frameworks like AngularJS & EmberJS on basic web servers I have a hard time unserstanding how to bring these into the same workflow.

Am I chossing the wrong frameworks? Is there planned suport? Is there support currently and I don't know what it is at this time?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2014

Most of that stuff is the same for Angular/Ember apps as any other software project you work on - JIRA/Confluence/Agile/Stash/Bitbucket).

Your question, I assume, is whether we plan to "support" Angular/Ember apps in Bamboo CI and Deployments.

Given that Bamboo will run just about any script you want to throw at it, the answer is we already support those.

YOU get to define your deployment steps and how you want to test your app. That's not something we'll choose for you.

Whether we might ever have some kind of preconfiguration for Angular/Ember apps, I have no idea but I don't think it's likely.

As far as Clover, I'm not personally aware of any JS coverage tool in the works here. That said, there are plenty of them that already exist which you can use alongside Bamboo to get coverage reports. (Istanbul is my personal favorite)

Hope I answered the right question. It was hard to try to understand what you were asking for.

SPence May 13, 2014

Yes, that is the answer I was looking for. Not really the answer I wanted, but it is the answer...

Suggest an answer