Atlassian plugins are unreachable

TECS JIRA Admin November 6, 2013

Help!

I'm in the process of evaluating JIRA! Up to a couple days ago, I could access the Atlassian Market Place. Evaluation has not expired & our IT says the site

https://dq1dnt4af4eyy.cloudfront.net/

is unreachable! Why?

Same result on Windows 7 & XP.

Jira 6.1.0, 6.1.2 & 6.2.0

7 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2013

That url is accessible, so I'm afraid it's something on your network blocking it, rather than the site not being there. You'll need to talk to your IT team to find out why it's being blocked.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2013

No error messages :-(

Nic,

Originally, I tried to access the Atlassian Market Place from within the JIRA application. However, this was with 6.20_m02. This version is not recognized in the market place!

So I dropped back to 6.1.2 with similar results. I can view the plugins and any available updates. But can not load any of the plugins! See error messages below: (same on Windows XP & 7)

Thanks

Nic,

Did you try to load a new plugin or update an existing one. I don't have a problem searching for and viewing the respective plugin details. I just can't download!

I'll also query our IT to see if some thought they noticed unintended traffic!?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2013

Both actually, I'm digging through a Confluence upgrade at the moment. Absolutely no problem on the test system I'm looking at (production is more secured though and can't reach the marketplace)

0 votes
TECS JIRA Admin November 7, 2013

Ben/Dave,

Thanks for the responses.

In order for me to move forward with the evaluation, I chose to download the required plugins on my smartphone and transfter the jar files via snicker net.

I then did the manual upload to install from the 'Mangage Add-ons' screen.

0 votes
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2013

Hi Tim,

In the meantime, you can go to marketplace.atlassian.com, download the plugin you like by going to the "Details" tab and then clicking Download link from the "Resources" section. Then you can go to your JIRA instance and upload the file manually by choosing "Upload Add-on" from the "Manage Add-ons" screen.

Cheers,

Dave

0 votes
BenW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2013

Hi Tim,

Take a look at this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Problems+Connecting+to+the+Atlassian+Marketplace

In particular, you'll need to unlock https://dq1dnt4af4eyy.cloudfront.net/ from your company's firewall.

Cheers,
Ben

0 votes

I have verified that my link to the outside world is blocking the downloading of the plugins I've tried.

My work around is manually try to download the respective plugin(s), wait for the download to fail, forward the link to an email account that I can access on my smartphone, download the respective jar file(s) to the external microSD card, transfer the jar file(s) to the server running JIRA, from the manage plugins screen upload the jar file(s) to install.

0 votes

rambabu,

The site' https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ ' is accessible, see search result for Behaviour Plugin below:

Search results for "behaviour"

{"stash":[{"id":42,"name":"Admin tools","functional":false},{"id":43,"name":"Integrations","functional":false},{"id":47,"name":"Language packs","functional":true},{"id":44,"name":"Reports","functional":false},{"id":48,"name":"Repository hooks","functional":true},{"id":45,"name":"Utilities","functional":false},{"id":46,"name":"Workflow","functional":false}],"bamboo":[{"id":17,"name":"Admin tools","functional":false},{"id":18,"name":"Build management","functional":false},{"id":19,"name":"Integrations","functional":false},{"id":22,"name":"Language packs","functional":true},{"id":20,"name":"Reports","functional":false},{"id":23,"name":"Repository connectors","functional":true},{"id":24,"name":"Tasks","functional":true},{"id":21,"name":"Testing & QA","functional":false}],"crowd":[],"jira":[{"id":1,"name":"Admin tools","functional":false},{"id":13,"name":"Custom fields","functional":true},{"id":14,"name":"Dashboard gadgets","functional":true},{"id":2,"name":"Diagramming & charting","functional":false},{"id":3,"name":"Email","functional":false},{"id":5,"name":"IT & helpdesk","functional":false},{"id":4,"name":"Integrations","functional":false},{"id":15,"name":"Language packs","functional":true},{"id":6,"name":"Mobile","functional":false},{"id":7,"name":"Project management","functional":false},{"id":16,"name":"Shared workflows","functional":true},{"id":8,"name":"Source code","functional":false},{"id":9,"name":"Testing & QA","functional":false},{"id":10,"name":"Themes & styles","functional":false},{"id":12,"name":"Time tracking","functional":false},{"id":11,"name":"Workflow","functional":false}],"crucible":[{"id":25,"name":"Admin tools","functional":false},{"id":26,"name":"Integrations","functional":false},{"id":28,"name":"Language packs","functional":true},{"id":27,"name":"Reports","functional":false}],"confluence":[{"id":29,"name":"Admin tools","functional":false},{"id":38,"name":"Blueprints","functional":true},{"id":30,"name":"Diagramming","functional":false},{"id":31,"name":"Document management","functional":false},{"id":32,"name":"Documentation","functional":false},{"id":33,"name":"Integrations","functional":false},{"id":39,"name":"Language packs","functional":true},{"id":40,"name":"Macros","functional":true},{"id":34,"name":"Messaging","functional":false},{"id":35,"name":"Mobile","functional":false},{"id":36,"name":"Project planning","functional":false},{"id":37,"name":"Reports & charts","functional":false},{"id":41,"name":"Themes & styles","functional":true}],"fisheye":[{"id":25,"name":"Admin tools","functional":false},{"id":26,"name":"Integrations","functional":false},{"id":28,"name":"Language packs","functional":true},{"id":27,"name":"Reports","functional":false}],"hipchat":[]}
  1. All Applications
  2. JIRA
  3. Confluence
  4. Stash
  5. Bamboo
  6. FishEye
  7. Crucible
  8. HipChat
  9. Crowd
  • All Applications

Is this expected?

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013

You can search plugins in https://marketplace.atlassian.com/

let me know if it is not accesible.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2013

That's not the question here. It's about reaching the marketplace directly in the application.

Suggest an answer