Atlassian certification program?

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2015

Hi folks,

-Is there a certification program from atlassian to individuals (not for enterprises). I'm looking for a "JIRA admin" cert, but I still haven't found this. The closest cert info I found is an atlassian old blog post circa 2012 .. But the plan seems to be abandoned. Any plans on Atlassian certification ?

-I've been looking at the "dragon slayer" test/training. If some of you already achieved the training goal, can you tell me if the t-shirt is sent for free or it will be charged with shipping costs? I live in Spain and the swag t-shirt is charged with ~$200 for bringing it from Australia!!

Thx,

-alex

10 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2016

Atlassian Certification is available, check out our website at https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification.  We have Atlassian Certified Professional credentials for JIRA Administration and Confluence Administration.  Coming soon is Agile Development with JIRA Software. 

3 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2015

I know Atlassian is very aware of the demand for a certification program. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2015

Careful Matt, they might ask you to write it ;-)

Vickey Lepcha June 4, 2015

hahahaha

2 votes
Sateesh Chandra November 23, 2015
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2015

Yup, they announced it at Summit.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2015

The exams will be focussed on the same things Atlassian teach on the University and in their courses, so if you've been on one of the admin courses and worked through the University, you'll be well set up for the exams.

2 votes

Alex and all. There is NO certification from Atlassian. If you would like some good inexpensive training go to Udemy.com they have some very classes. Lyndia.com has two good courses on JIRA and Confluence.

2 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2015

I do not think Atlassian has a certification program now. May be some one from atlassian can mention if there is any plans of introducing it in future.

Rahul

1 vote
Nathan Matsushima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2016

Hi @Alex Perez -

We have officially launched as of June 15, 2016! Please read up more on atlassian.com/certification

I have posted the exam topics below:

We also have a recorded exam prep for JIRA. You can find out more about that here. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us at certification@atlassian.com.

Cheers,

Nathan

1 vote
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2015

Hi Alex!

Aich is correct, Atlassian does not have a certification program, but we do have some good training options in https://university.atlassian.com/.

Regarding the Dragon Slayer challenge, when I did last year I received the t-shirt for free and did not pay any shipping fees (I live in Brazil btw).

Cheers!
Teilor

0 votes
Cristina May 18, 2021

Any update? 2021?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

Update on what?  

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2017

I recently cleared the exam. It is tough but really test your experience working on JIRA. I have also written my experience preparing for the JIRA Administration Certification and also share tips on my blog here: http://www.ravisagar.in/blog/how-study-jira-administrator-certification

I hope it will help others as well.

-Ravi

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2017

Hi! 

Your post has started nice. but topics was removed:((

Do you have additional advices for ACP-100?

Thanks

- Gonchik 

Julia
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2017

Hello Gonchik,

You can find out all about the Certification program here: https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification.

You can get the exam topics from this page:

https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification/certifications/exam-acp-100

The top preparation tips we heard about in a recent survey of almost 100 successful ACPs are:

1. Read a lot -- specifically, learn what is in the Atlassian documentation for the product and role.

2. Take the Certification Exam Prep training course from Atlassian University.

Like Barry Pickering likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2017

Thank you for provide info:)

0 votes
LeKisha Boswell December 30, 2015

Atlassian will offer JIRA certification in 2016. Currently they're seeking beta testers for their first round of exams. More information regarding registration can be found by accessing the following link: https://www.atlassian.com/certification/credentials.

Suggest an answer