Atlassian Services down.

Rafał Chomik April 6, 2022

For 2 days all my Atlassian products are unavailable. Atlassian tell me that they are working on it, but it is a whole 2 days and everything, all business is stopped.

Does someone have the same problem? I don't see any posts in the community about this.

Best regards.

34 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Trani April 11, 2022

This is not good news at all

Hello,

We want to share the latest update on our progress towards restoring your Atlassian site. Our global engineering teams are continuing to make progress on this incident. At this time, we have rebuilt functionality for over 35% of the users who are impacted by the service outage.

We want to apologize for the length and severity of this incident and the disruption to your business. You are a valued customer, and we will be doing everything in our power to make this right. This starts with rebuilding your service.

Incident update

This incident was not the result of a cyberattack and there has been no unauthorized access to your data. As part of scheduled maintenance on selected cloud products, our team ran a script to delete legacy data. This data was from a deprecated service that had been moved into the core datastore of our products. Instead of deleting the legacy data, the script erroneously deleted sites, and all associated products for that site including connected products, users, and third-party applications. We maintain extensive backup and recovery systems, and there has been no data loss for customers that have been restored to date.

Since the incident started, we have worked around the clock and have validated a successful path towards the safe recovery of your site.

What this means for your company

We were unable to confirm a more firm ETA until now due to the complexity of the rebuild process for your site. While we are beginning to bring some customers back online, we estimate the rebuilding effort to last for up to 2 more weeks.

I know that this is not the news you were hoping for. We apologize for the length and severity of this incident and have taken steps to avoid a recurrence in the future.

3 votes
Sara Vargas April 6, 2022

We are having the same problem. Since yesterday early morning April 5 2021 no one in our company has been able to use Jira Service Management.

2 votes
Shaun McGuire April 6, 2022

It's been nearly three hours since I escalated my ticket (not sure what that does, to be honest) and I have heard NOTHING back. Radio silence. Internally, our development team that relies heavily of Jira Software to do their jobs (i.e. development and testing is almost at a standstill) are suggesting that this could be a situation where backend databases of all our stuff were deleted or otherwise compromised, and it's requiring manual restoration.  Whatever the cause, the correct course of action is to be honest and tell us directly what happened and what is specifically taking place to fix things, no matter how it makes Atlassian "look". They can't "look" any worse than they do right now, not responding.

2 votes
Carlos Trani April 6, 2022

HQ phone number is 1-415-701-1110

2 votes

Other than a communication that they were "running a maintenance script" does anyone know anything about how this happened? Any ideas on why it would take DAYS to open access to our instances? Something feels more than a little "off" with what we are being told. Thoughts? Ideas?

2 votes

Hi,

From the info I have, it follow that it will take several days, but they don't know the exact estimation yet.

2 votes
Thomas Meyer April 6, 2022

Same here in Switzerland...

2 votes

I dont have. I send them ticket and they send me info that problem appear during maintenance and it will take few days to fix it.

1 vote
m.ehrentraut April 7, 2022

Hi Stephen, unfortunately it is not possible to create a ticket via the link.

It always comes the same error message:

Screenshot 2022-04-08 072725.png

What can we do?

1 vote
Shaun McGuire April 7, 2022

Thanks, Stephen. And cudos for checking with the community.

1 vote
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Hello, We're sorry you've been impacted by this incident. We have sent email communications to all affected customers which provide further details of the incident as well as a link for live status updates. Reach out to us at https://support.atlassian.com/contact if you have any questions or concerns.

Additionally, we’re checking and validating anyone who has posted in Community to report their site has been impacted and we are creating a support request on their behalf. If you’re unsure if an issue has been created for your site we suggest reaching out to your site admins or technical contacts.

Regards,

Stephen Sifers | Product Lead, Community

1 vote
Shaun McGuire April 7, 2022

See my note further down. I do believe this is a one-off, totally unexpected situation for Atlassian, and not something they had a plan of recovery for, hence the extended time it's taking to correct. Very painful, very frustrating.

1 vote
m.ehrentraut April 6, 2022

The same here.

What we don't understand we have 2 companies each with their own Jira.

Company 1 works without problems and can use everything.
Company 2 does not work at all.

When I try to get information I always get the same statement that they are working on it and not all are affected.

We have opted for the cloud services of Atlassian to no longer have to worry about all the stuff, now the question is whether that was the right decision.

1 vote

The entire day has gone by and we have not received any further information. Nothing. Unacceptable. 

1 vote

Thank you very much Carlos!

1 vote
Carlos Trani April 6, 2022

We are having the same issue and the Operations of the whole company is down.

We consolidated some of the ticketing systems into Atlassian Cloud thinking it will be safe from this kind of disruption.

The company is now rethinking its decision. 

Please bring back the system asap.

1 vote

I am sorry, Hopefully this issue will be fix soon :(

The company I work for is based in Florida USA.

1 vote
Maik Gnyza April 6, 2022

Our instance is also affected (german).

Jira
JSM
Confluence 
StatusPage 

All services unavailable and the daily business is paralyzed.

1 vote

A few days... wow. Thank you for sharing the information.

1 vote

Hi,
I also have a premium plan. I send them a ticket and got a reply that it will take a few days to get back normal functionality.

1 vote

Same here. Since yesterday morning we have NOTHING available but BitBucket: Jira Software, Confluence, Service Desk, etc. No answers. I put in a premium support ticket - no answers, no details, nothing. 

When I ask, they reply with the same boiler plate answer they blasted late yesterday afternoon. 

Anybody know how to actually talk to someone at Atlassian?

0 votes
Manish Kumar August 10, 2022

Down now 

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

Hello,
We apologize for the length of this ongoing incident and for not being more proactive in our communication with you. We understand how mission-critical our products are for you and want to make sure we are relaying the most accurate information possible.

While we really want to get in front of you live to answer your questions, we are prioritizing getting customers up and running first and foremost. We will host an AMA (Ask Me Anything) after we get all of our customers fully restored.

In the meantime, please add your questions here and we will respond as quickly and transparently as we can. Some questions may not be answered until we do an official PIR, but we will let you know that and answer as much as we can now.

Our Chief Technology Officer Sri Viswanath has posted a blog about this incident with more background and details, and our team is working around the clock to move through the various stages for restoration.

We are working 24/7 to restore your service. Thank you to those who have been sharing all the information you know from your support requests. Thank you for being open, honest, and caring for your fellow Community members. This speaks a lot about what makes Community a special place.

@Carlos Trani Thank you for sharing updates and keeping the Community informed.

@Shaun McGuire We appreciate your feedback and concern about communications.

Lastly, if you're unsure if a support request was raised on your behalf, please let me know, and I will personally check. My team and I went through all Community posts related to this incident to ensure everyone's site had a support request.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers | Product Lead, Community

0 votes

Same here! The company I work for is based in São Paulo, Brazil.

0 votes
Bogan Ross April 7, 2022

Thank you! I am going to try calling them with the number above. It wont let me submit a ticket because it says our site doesn't exist. :(

0 votes
m.ehrentraut April 6, 2022

Same here if we didn't have a backup of assets because of the Insight move into Jira, we'd be really screwed.

Suggest an answer