Atlassian Marketplace "disabled by system administrator"

Bryson Hyte February 21, 2013

Going to "Manage Plugins" gives the warning "A system admisintrator has disabled your connection to the Atlassion Marketplace server." But I have not, and I am the administrator. I would very much like to use the Marketplace to download plugins.

This is a stand-alone install of JIRA version 5.2.6 on our own Linux (Ubuntu) server using the defaults in the binary installer. We currently have a trial license in place as we are testing migrating from On-Demand. The current data in the system was loaded from a backup of the On-Demand instance. We have a confluence install running on the same machine that is able to access the Marketplace flawlessly.

One possibly related note is that after importing the On-Demand backup I needed to manually add my user to the system-administrator group by modifying the cwd_membership table in the database. Is there some necessary permission not present in the back-up that the stand-alone configuration requires?

Thanks for any help.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
elibishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Bryson: When you copied your data from the OnDemand instance, it probably also copied the setting for the Marketplace connection being disabled (since that's how it is in OnDemand). In order to re-enable the connection, you must be a system administrator-- not just a regular administrator. Your user account in the OnDemand instance would have been just a regular administrator. So, as you guessed, you'll need to hack the permissions in the database (you may find https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator useful).

Once you're logged in as a sysadmin, you should see an option for re-enabling the connection as part of that same warning banner on the Manage Plugins page.

Bryson Hyte February 23, 2013

Awesome, that link was just what we needed. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to make the same sort of change in JIRA that I did with Confluence. Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Bryson Hyte February 23, 2013

Awesome, that link was just what we needed. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to make the same sort of change in JIRA that I did with Confluence. Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer